Opens 18th February 2016; closes 4th April 2016
The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) is pleased to announce the Call for Presentations for the International Green Building Conference 2016 (IGBC2016) to be held from 7 - 9 September 2016 at Marina Bay Sands Convention Center, Singapore. Themed "Build Green: The Next Decade", IGBC 2016 serves as a platform to:
- Accelerate and advance green building movement international covering all aspects of sustainable design, construction and operations practices for buildings, including their impact on people, environment and businesses.
- Engage and collaborate with the key stakeholders all throughout the region to create a sustainable built environment that benefits the communities, environmental friendly, and economically rewarding
- Raise awareness among building occupants on smart and green solutions thus encouraging adoption of green practices and behavioural changes in their everyday lives
ABOUT THE INTERNATIONAL GREEN BUILDING CONFERENCE (IGBC)
IGBC is organised by the Building and Construction Authority of Singapore in collaboration with our strategic partners, the Singapore Green Building Council and Reed Exhibitions. Into our eighth run, IGBC will be held from 7 - 9 September 2016 and is the anchor event of the Singapore Green Building Week (SGBW).
SGBW will play host to international green building experts, policy-makers, academics and built environment practitioners, for a congregation of ideas, collaboration and learning, to achieve a shared vision of a greener planet through the green building movement.
Held in Marina Bay Sands, the premier green building event in Asia Pacific, IGBC 2016 is expected to attract more than 1,500 participants from over 30 countries - from thought leaders, real estate developers to urban planners, architects, engineers, builders and other industry professionals - committed to understanding and putting into action real-world, tangible and leading green building solutions. Also present at the conference will be policy-makers and key government officials from several growth markets, who will give their unique public sector perspective on green building solutions, policies and plans. Academia will also share their latest research findings in green building fields.
IGBC 2016 will be held alongside the annual BEX and MCE Asia 2016 - Southeast Asia's premier business platform for the green building and construction industry. A dedicated trade event that has a strategic focus on the Build Green environment, it features eco-friendly, energy efficient building materials, designs and architecture - reaching out to Green building suppliers, industry practitioners and professionals.
For IGBC 2016, we will be partnering with SGBC and international Green Building Councils in the formulation of the programme and the selection of presentations, to facilitate a broader and richer platform for discourse and dialogue.
The presentations at IGBC 2016 could be:
- Industry specific: focusing on industry trends, solutions, and best practices in the green building industry; or
- Academic / Research specific: focusing on academic topic and research in the area of green building
SESSION STYLE AND LENGTH
IGBC is committed to provide engaging and interesting platforms for attendees. Therefore, we are offering flexibility in presentation styles to better engage and communicate ideas. You can indicate your presentation style preference when submitting your proposal. The duration of each presentation should not be longer than 20 minutes.
- Structured Discussion : 20 minutes presentations before a moderated panel discussion
- Pecha Kucha 20x20 : Presentations consisting of 20 slides which are shown for 20 seconds each
- Round Table Discussion : 15 minutes of presentation, followed by 30 minutes of discussion and feedback to small group of audience
- Master Classes : A lecture for those who are interested in understanding a certain topic at a profound level
Do note that the presentation style will not affect your evaluation. Final presentation / delivery style will be further discussed with presenter should the submission be selected.
The following broad topics have been identified as priorities for the 2016 programme. However, submissions outside of the identified topics will be fairly reviewed as long as it is in line with the theme and objectives of IGBC 2016.
Click to expand
- Green building trends and predictions for the next decade and beyond
- Sustainability reporting for businesses and its implication on green building
- Beyond Net-Zero Energy and Carbon-Neutral Buildings
- Changing expectation of building users and their impact on the built environment
- The Future Economics of Green Buildings
- Thinking beyond reduce, recycle and reuse
- Leading green building policies regionally and internationally
- Successful case studies on green building, communities and initiatives
- Successful public-private partnerships in progressing the green building agenda
- Financing models to deliver smart and resilient growth of cities and infrastructure
- Zero capex programs- Solar leasing, energy performance contracting, Chauffage contracts
- Standardization for retrofits- Model contracts and guidelines for EPCs
- Green bonds/ climate bond initiative
- Pathway towards Net-Zero Energy and Carbon-Neutral Low-Rise buildings
- Pathway towards Low Energy High-Rise Buildings
- District-level solution toward climate change
- Building Resiliency and climate change
- Innovative smart building technologies
- Lessons learnt from early adopters of smart city/building solutions
- Smart ecosystems within cities
- Smart energy management systems within buildings
- Cost-effective sustainable design and construction
- Managing and operating high performance green facilities
- Measurement and verification of building systems
- Air distribution system efficiency
- Commissioning and retro commissioning for optimum efficiency
- Integrated building management system
- Optimised passive and active green building design
- Building envelope, shading devices and daylighting in green building design
- Regenerative architectural design
- Climatic responsive building facades
- Addressing thermal comfort in the tropics
- Radical lighting solutions that respond to visual comfort
- Innovative green building products
- Solar energy
- Wind energy
- Geothermal energy
- Hybrid energy systems
- Waste-to-energy systems
- Energy recovery solutions for buildings
- Novel/responsive building materials
- Innovative and green construction methods
- Deep energy retrofits
- Human-building interaction
- Occupant behaviour simulation
- Low carbon communities
- Interdisciplinary building science research
- Integrated facility management research
- LCA of buildings
- Sustainable urban development
- Green infrastructure to support rapid urban development
- Green amenities such as such as school, hospital, residential, industrial
- Business case to green tenanted space
- Green tenant policies
- Tenants’ behavioural change techniques
- Smart homes and workplaces
SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACT
Presenters shall submit an abstract for programme panel’s evaluation. Only accepted abstracts will be invited to submit a presentation and present at IGBC 2016. The deadline for abstract submission is 4 April 2016.
Comprising of distinguished industry experts, BCA and representatives from partner GBCs, members of the programme panel will evaluate each submission based on the following criteria:
- Quality, clarity and completeness of abstract submission
- Presenter’s qualification and presentation experience
- Relevancy of the proposed presentation to the theme and objectives
- Unique insights in relation to green building developments
If selected, presenters will be offered a complimentary pass for the full conference including networking events. However, presenters will be responsible for their travel and accommodation expenses for the conference.
|18 February 2016||Calling for Presentation opens|
|1 May to 15 June 2016||Informing of all submissions on the status of application|
|8 July 2016||Submission of IGBC 2016 presentation|
|7 - 9 September 2016||Conference dates|
If you have questions about ‘IGBC 2016 Call for Presentations’, please contact Derek Ang at +65 68044676 or email email@example.com
SEE YOU IN SINGAPORE!